Part of my Mental Menu’s, this is one of our go to’s for a hard day-need comfort food type of dinners. I came up with this after having a really bad TBI migraine and Steve was having a PTSD flashback that took a longer time to work through. We were both physically exhausted and we were craving creamy things. Again, protein is one of the best things to feed a Mental Brain, and always be aware of your meats (we know where our chickens come from). You can always add egg noodles if you’d like or a soft roll. Be sure to add at least a dark green veggie as a side. We are huge broccoli and green bean people, but I’ve heard Brussels Sprouts rock with this too.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 7oz can of mushrooms
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Drain mushrooms and place aside.
- Get out a 8”x8” pan and grease up.
- If you can cut up your fresh veggies to steam as a side, otherwise haul out the frozen ones and put a pan of water on the ready.
- Mix cream of chicken, 1 cup parmesan cheese, mushrooms and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes or until you get a crispy top
- At t-10 minutes start steaming your veggies!
- Dig in and feel bette knowing it was after and easier and MUCH better for you than just calling in junk food!